RODWAY HILL GOLF CLUB
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Rodway Hill Golf Club uses personal data for the purposes of recording its membership, contacting its members, organising competitions for them and maintaining their golf handicaps. Data may be retained for up to 7 years for accounts purposes and for longer if required by e.g. the Club’s insurers or grant-making bodies. If you would like to find out more about how we use your personal data or want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the Club secretary.
Members of Rodway Hill Golf Club are asked to provide the following information when joining the Club:
name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth.
If your details change, we expect you to inform us of any changes, and will update the information we hold about you, destroying any previously held details.
- This information is held electronically on password protected computers and/or laptops by the following officers of the Club: Captain, Secretary, Treasurer, Handicap Secretary, Seniors Captain, Ladies Captain. On relinquishing the office concerned, this information is removed from the computer/laptop concerned.
- Information on members is updated annually when memberships are renewed. At that time, we will delete the previous year’s list.
- The information provided will be used, and only used, to contact members about the activities and organisation of Rodway Hill Golf Club. We will, on an individual basis, provide your contact details (phone and/or e-mail) to other Club members so that they are able to contact you.
- The information will not be passed on to any external and/or commercial organisations.
- Members can ask the Club Secretary to remove their data from the Members’ lists at any time. However, if this is done, that member will no longer be contacted about RHGC activities or organisations, nor will it be possible to update their handicap for competition purposes.
- When Membership is annually renewed, members will be asked to confirm that they are content for their data to be held in the above way and for the above purposes.